Set of 4 Replacement Zipper Pulls
Set of 4 Replacement Zipper Tabs.
ZIPPER TAB INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Use a thin screwdriver to carefully pry the zipper hook on the zipper slider open (Just slightly, very carefully, to avoid breaking the zipper hook). It is extremely important that the hook is opened no more than the thickness of the puller tab to prevent fatigue and cracking of the slider hook.
- Once you have enough space to remove the old zipper tab, pull it out from the zipper hook if there an existing zipper tab.
- Slide the new zipper tab underneath the zipper hook
- Wrap the zipper slider and hook on the bag with a rag (This will help avoid any scratching of the zipper slider and hook with the pliers or channel locks)
- Then use a pair of channel locks or pliers to very carefully and slowly close the gap of the zipper hook
- Please make sure NOT to close the gap completely, as that can cause the zipper hook to break (Please make sure to leave a small space about the thickness of two business cards)
Veto Pro Pac Tool Bags Product Care and Maintenance
Keep the Zippers Clean & LubricatedOver time, dirt and grit will “clog” the zipper coils preventing them from staying closed. To keep this from happening, clean and lubricate your zippers twice a year (more often if you work on a job site with a high amount of airborne debris). To clean the coils: Scrub them with soapy water; a tooth brush works very well. After scrubbing the coils, blow them out with an air hose to dislodge any other fine grit that didn’t dislodge with the brush. To lubricate the coils: Apply a silicone spray, beeswax or a zipper lubricant.
Protect the Zippers From Sharp Objects and/or Excessive HeatAny sharp object or heat source is capable of permanently damaging the zippers. Once a zipper coil is cut or singed the zipper will not function and in most cases is not repairable. Most of the cut zipper coils we see are the result of sharp tools stored inside the bag with the sharp side facing up. Make sure to keep the sharp edges of your tools facing down in your bag and away from the zipper coils.
Don’t Overstuff the BagOverstuffing your tool bag will very likely cause significant stress on the zippers that is above and beyond what the bag was built for and will eventually cause the zipper(s) to separate. If you have to work hard to close your zipper(s), your tool bag is most likely overstuffed… proceed with caution!
Download The Product Sheet of Zipper Pulls
Video & Product Sell Sheet
There are no videos available for this product